Last updated on August 24th, 2021
Making garlic lime grilled chicken wings in winter seems ambitious at best, and potentially disastrous at worst. Fortunately, I made an impulse purchase last year for a Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Air fryer, roaster, baker, dehydrator cooking machine.
After the package arrived and I excitedly unpacked it and found a perfect home for it in my kitchen, I promptly abandoned it for the next four months because it intimidated the hell out of me. Sure, it came with a chart, and a small cookbook, but it made strange noises and it was – well – intimidating.
A month ago, I finally broke down and took some time to test cooking food in it and it is amazing. It really does everything it claims to – and more! I couldn’t be more thrilled.
Now, back to the garlic lime grilled chicken wings. At this point, I would be offering “tips and tricks” for preparing the recipe, but in this instance, I’ll offer tips and tricks for working with the Ninja Foodi machine.
Tips for making garlic lime grilled chicken wings in the Ninja Foodi grill
- When you turn the grill on, it will start a “preheating” cycle which lasts about ten minutes. By default the grill will be set on “high” heat once turned on and that will work great for this recipe.
- Don’t put any food onto the grill before the preheating has been completed.
- Once the message “Add Food” pops up onto the screen, add the wings in a single layer on the grill.
- Stacking food in the Ninja Foodi Grill will yield undesirable results.
- Closing the lid will automatically set the timer for ten minutes. For thawed wings, change the timer to 15 minutes.
- You can cook frozen wings in the Foodi Grill but this recipe calls for marinated wings which will be thawed.
- Allow your garlic lime grilled chicken wings to marinate for at least two hours.
Join the List
Get recipes, updates and more sent directly to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.