Last updated on December 14th, 2021
When it comes to making the best strawberry margarita, there are a few tips and tricks. One is having access to flavored sugar. Another is a fun margarita-style glass. You can use any tequila you’d like of course, although I definitely prefer resopado — or a more aged tequila for my cocktails.
Tips & Tricks for making the best Strawberry Margarita Recipe
- Frozen Strawberries
- Ice cubes
- Grand Mariner Orange Liqueur
- Patron Resopado Tequila
- Strawberry or other flavored sugar
There are several different ways to make a great strawberry margarita. I’ve tested many and my favorite method, hands down is to simply use frozen strawberries, ice cubes, grand mariner, and tequila. A sugared rim sweetens the deal and gives the right balance between tart and tasty.
When it comes to mixing up your drink, you can go for straight up, on the rocks, or you can blend the ice and frozen strawberries together for a tasty frozen margarita. This drink is versatile and fun and can match up with your drinking style.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! They’re both orange-flavored liqueurs, so they should work just fine.
If this drink is too strong for you, you can add lemonade, which would make this more of a strawberry-lemonade margarita, but that is super tasty as well. Don’t be shy; feel free to mix this up with your favorite juice blends.
Sure, just multiply the recipe by 4 (or more!) and you’ll be ready for your next party. There is an option to do so on the recipe card!
The Best Strawberry Margarita Recipe
- 1/2 cup ice
- 4 ounces frozen strawberries
- 1.5 ounces respoado tequila
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup granulated & strawberry flavored blended sugar
- Line rim of margarita or other tall drinking glass with granulated and strawberry-flavored blended sanding sugar by wetting rim then brushing with sugar.
- Pour frozen strawberries and ice cubes into glass or shaker.
- Add alcohol.
- Shake — or blend (for a frozen margarita).
- Pour into prepared margarita glass, being cautious to not disturb sugared rim.